All artists participating in I'm Inside, Ring the Bell were asked to provide a list of 26 women of importance, whose names were to be inscribed on the floor, in the middle of the triangular table.
I tried to come up with a list of women I didn't actually know much about so here's my 26 women in space. Eilene Marie Galloway, the last lady on the list, helped create Nasa but never flew in space herself.
I've included some details about what they achieved in case you are interested.
- Valentina Tereshkova - first woman in space, Soviet union
- Sally Ride - first american woman in space
- Judith Resnik - first jewish american in space
- Helen Sharman - first British woman in space
- Roberta Bondar - first Canadian woman in space
- Mae Jemison - first African - American woman in space
- Ellen Ochoa - first Hispanic woman in space
- Chiaki Mukai - first Japanese woman in space
- Claudie Haigneré - first French woman in space (first European woman)
- Kalpana Chawla - first Indian - American woman in space
- Anousheh Ansari - first Iranian woman in space (first female space tourist)
- Yi So-yeon - first Korean woman in space
- Liu Yang - first Chinese woman in space
- Barbara Morgan - first educator in space, USA
- Eileen Collins - First female shuttle pilot and shuttle commander
- Svetlana Savitskaya - First woman to walk in space
- Anna Fisher - the first person to retrieve a malfunctioning satellite, using the orbiter remote manipulator arm
- Susan Helms-First woman Space Station Expedition crew member
- Peggy Whitson-First woman to command the International Space Station (ISS)
- Pamela Melroy - the second woman commander on STS-120 October 23-November 7, 2007
- Sunita Williams - the woman who has made the longest single space flight
- Dorothy Metcalf-Lindenburger - One of the four women serving together on the International Space Station on April 14, 2010, represented the highest number of women in space simultaneously.
- Stephanie Wilson - One of the four women serving together on the International Space Station on April 14, 2010, represented the highest number of women in space simultaneously.
- Naoko Yamazaki - One of the four women serving together on the International Space Station on April 14, 2010, represented the highest number of women in space simultaneously.
- Tracy Caldwell Dyson- One of the four women serving together on the International Space Station on April 14, 2010, represented the highest number of women in space simultaneously.
- Eilene Marie Galloway - Called the "grand dame of space" by friends and colleagues, she helped write the National Aeronautics and Space Act. The was the first woman elected Honorary Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2006)
I was thrilled to read this extremely positive review about the Power and Passion show by View London! It ends with "...so head to the Power and Passion exhibition and educate yourself on Bulgarian culture whilst being blown away by some amazing artwork." But you know what? I think it's worth reading from the start, and you can do so here: http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/power-and-passion-exhibition-london-feature-4515.html
Additionally they shared this post on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+viewlondon/posts/2HMwEX1azk5!
We were so excited that the Editor of The Resident Magazine decided to personally bring us a few copies of the October Issue at the Power and Passion Private View! She had chosen to featured these 2 images below together, because of the clear connection she could see between my father's arwork and mine!
She tweeted: "Really enjoyed the Power and Passion exhibit at the Sofia Gallery. Ivan Minekov and daughter show their work side by side, just beautiful."
Information about our exhibition Power and Passion at the Bulgarian Cultural Institute was published the Dance Matters section of Dancing Times, September 2012. They also published an announcement online here.
Over a 100 years old, Dancing Times is the oldest monthly publication devoted to dance in the UK.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/southlo2/public_html/templates/ja_wall/html/com_k2/ja_wall_blog/category.php on line 248